Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Week Ago Today...

I'm a little behind here.  This was a busy week on Sunny Toad Farm.  Not only was Monday Valentines Day, but Tuesday was my birthday.  For me it is kind of like the Christmas Eve and Christmas days of celebration feeling.  We started out last Saturday with a birthday gathering at my mom's house.  My sister made the most gorgeous mum bouquet of cupcakes.  The petals are made of marshmallows.  I brought one home and it is now petrified for posterity on my kitchen counter.



The kids had made Valentines for everyone.  Madigan made a special one for her Great Uncle Chuck.  She used a picture of the two of them together a few years ago when she had dressed him in a pink scarf.


Even though Mad is too big to sit on Uncle Chuck's lap and my kitchen cabinets now sport a different shade of paint it is nice to see some things remain constant.


Aunt Diane was happy to fill us in on the story behind the shirt.  One year before Christmas he had expressed great interest in it.  Even though the shirt was quite expensive she purchased it because he so seldom makes such a specific request.  Quite frankly I am envious.  I wish Breadwinner's favorite was something other than a t'shirt!

 This last photo is mostly for my cousin Corinne because she wasn't there to laugh with us over this mug.    It says, "If you can't lose it, dress it!"  The ladies on the mug look like Grandma Rosemary and I.  It makes me laugh every time!        


 Sunday night my in-laws had us in for a delicious supper.  I can't remember the last time I was uncomfortably full after a meal.  Oh the sweet suffering...
Monday a friend and her kids came over to celebrate Valentines Day and make a craft.  
Tuesday my kids thought we were still celebrating as it was my real birth day.  They were super excited about the French Horn Breadwinner scored for me through a radio swap and sell show.  I'm having a great time tooting my own horn!  
Thursday my mom came to help me set up for our church's Sweetheart Banquet.  She spent the night so she could spend all day cooking with me.  She is an amazing ball of creative energy and I couldn't have done it without all her help.  I will be sure to post some pictures of the event when I find my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment