Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

I can't decide whether my oldest baby made me look good or bad today.  She made me a wonderful Valentines gift which made me remember how great a gift I didn't make for my Mom.  On the other hand she was so creative and useful with what she had to make a very special gift.

My gift was made from a shirt I threw out.  My little dumpster diver saved it and made it over.  She is such a good student!  I asked her if I should wash it before I wore it due to its dubious former lodgings.  She assured me it had been washed with a bar of soap in the bathtub as she couldn't chance me seeing it in the laundry!

(photo by Madigan)
For the transformation she first cut it up the middle front and hand stitched a hem to make a cardigan.  Then she crocheted a new collar and cuffs.  Lastly she added a few buttons to spice things up.  And of course I wore it all day.  That's what mothers do.  Just ask mine.  You should have seen her Christmas day...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I should take lessons from her! I still love the quilts your girls made for my babies. :)

    ReplyDelete