Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Too Good To Be True...

When you have 8 people in your family you can almost always find some reason to celebrate.  Around here we have a hard time celebrating without sugar.  Sometimes we even think up reasons to celebrate because we want sugar.  Don't bother preaching to me about the evil of sugar, I already know of its dastardliness.  But I have an easy time justifying its usage.  I just mix in some freshly ground wheat and call it an accoutrement to my complex carbohydrate!

This is what we are celebrating today.  Max has had this front tooth hanging on for awhile.  Last night his dad gave him tonight before supper as the deadline when it should no longer be attached to his gum line.  On Sunday his dad also told him under no circumstance was he to show his tooth to others at church.  He did pretty well as the only person he gave a glimpse was his cousin who sits in the row behind us.  I don't believe he realized since he was sitting in the front row and had to turn around that the congregation on the whole was privy to this show and tell.  So I suppose it won't be so much of a deal that I post a picture here.  I've never seen anything like this...





The advantageous part of the celebration is that the Spokesman came today in the mail.  I'm pretty sure we are Farm Bureau members just to receive the Spokesman.  And if the man in your life is like mine, you only get it for the classifieds.  -Although, to brag a bit Breadwinner has found his adorable mug in a picture attached to an article or two therein.-  But as the chief cook of the house I usually glance at the Farm Family Favorites which sometimes offers up an enticing recipe.  Today I came across 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake.  When I mentioned the recipe at the dinner table from the girls came a chorus of gleeful baking anticipatory celebration.  Just the thing!  Some sugar to celebrate a missing tooth.  Rather ironic wouldn't you say...


5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 TBSP flour
4 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP cocoa
1 egg
3 TBSP milk
3 TBSP oil
3 TBSP chocolate chips
splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. (We mixed in another bowl and divided the mixture between two thoroughly greased mugs) Add the egg and mix thoroughly.  Pour in the milk and oil and mix.  Add chocolate chips and vanilla mix well. (We added the chocolate chips directly into the mugs after pouring in mix)  Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.  The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.  Allow to cool and tip onto a plate.








The kids claim the cakes spectacular!  I can't really say for sure.  I made a cherry pie for supper last night after checking on my trees in the orchard yesterday.  As much as I enjoy chocolate cake, cherry pie trumps it any day!  Let me know how they are.  I'm off to take diapers off the line and prune my cherry trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment