Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

More Color...




One of the reasons I try to involve my kids in the projects around the house is the same reason I am slowly increasing the spicy index in their food. If they like what I like I will more often get what I like. The other is that we find our worth in our work, so I am constantly working to increase their self worth. That's right, I'm doing it all for the children. Here they are helping refurbish our dining table and benches.






They do nice work! Of course with the table and benches fixed up I had to repaint my pickled chairs. It was pretty hard for me to stop with the stripes and dots only on the top rungs. Probably a good thing I had to stop to feed the kids or I might have gotten carried away...- I can hear you laughing, you know!










To tie the whole thing together I also painted the stools. My decorating aim has become a bit skewed as when I first started it was toward Mexican influence. Then MacKenzie-Childs crept into my viewfinder via the two-headed chicken casserole dish you can see on the hutch in my last post. I'm not sure what you call what I am doing now, maybe Colorful Cobbled Country, but I like it and I'm the one who has to clean it so that is all that matters.
Check out mackenzie-childs.com to find yourself inspired.







3 comments: