Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Room with a View 2

Here's another shot from the throne room. Fortunately from this far away you can't see the ragweed in my garden that are so big I can no longer pull them. I did attack some in the pumpkin patch with the mower today, however. Let's just keep that between us. I think I am working on my third set of mower blades for the summer. Matt won't appreciate changing them again! You can also see the black grass in the driveway that got nuked by the flame thrower. Seems to work!

I gave much blood picking the pile of produce in the back of the gator as the mosquitoes are out en force. It is to make salsa for my mom. I took her some last week and then proceeded to "help" her eat it. It is pretty much her own fault. She has been on this kick lately of frying up homemade tortilla chips. I'm getting to be something of a salsa and chips snob. I don't even like my home canned salsa anymore. I gobble down as much as I can on a daily basis while the ingredients are in season and then dream about it until I can make it fresh once more. Now all I need to do is get my cilantro to be ready the same time as the tomato, onion, and peppers. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment