Setting stones of remembrance in hot pursuit of the prize!

Friday, April 22, 2011

He Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God: lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8


Easter is my favorite holiday.  It vibrates with possibility and hope!  The Creator of the universe sent his only sinless son to lowly earth to pay the price for my wretchedness.  Jesus suffered and died in my place on the cross.  But, it is because He rose again that sin no more has dominion.  I serve a risen Savior.  


Every seventh day we assemble ourselves together and worship our Lord on that day traditionally set aside. One Sunday a year we specifically remember what God did to preserve His creation and make a way for us to spend eternity with Him.  


My dad always explained grace as God's Riches At Christ's Expense.  This is Dad's first Easter in heaven.  Somehow having him there makes Easter all the more poignant.  We are bound to earth for all the days the Lord allows while Dad even now reaps God's riches for all eternity.  


In John chapter 14  verses 1 through 6 Jesus details a bit of what is to come to his disciples.  They, as we sometimes do, struggled some to completely comprehend His meaning of what is in store for those who place their trust in Him.  

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  And whither I go ye know, and the way, ye know."

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."


Are you ready to really celebrate this Easter?  Are you ready to experience an eternity of God's riches at Christ's expense?  

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment